The owner of the house had installed a tiler in the area who also does waterproofing for showers, so we did that recently. The owner also wanted some corner soap shelves, so I cut some matching brown limestone-travertine glazed porcelain wall and floor tiles. I cleaned the corner shelf tiles, then polished a little with Alpha dry polishing pads to clean the edges.
After removing the drywall and tiling work, I cleaned the walls and checked whether mould or dirt had been left in the walls or cavities between the tunnels. I used general purpose AVS PVC glue to connect Kerdi's drain and drain pipe, and used Thinset to help glue the shower tray when it was floating, and to create a proper pitch. After removing the old drain, we cut down the drain pipes by lowering and installing a new Ker Di drain.
I also tiled the ceiling of the shower and used Laticrete 255 MultiMax Thinset to glue the tiles to the ceilings.
When the wall tiles and ceiling were finished, I mixed up a modified thin layer and put Kerdi on the shower floor. I then started installing the KerDi membrane by first moistening the substrate before putting it on.
When setting up the 2x2 panels, you must make sure you embed the mosaic panels with a soft rubber float by tapping them lightly. I decided to start with full tiles in the widely visible corners, wrap the tiles around the front entrance and hide the aesthetic with cut doors and bullnose tiles. After the Thinset had dried to the required curing time, I grouted the beginning and made sure that it was even and plum-shaped. After the wall tiles were laid, the ceiling started to be a messy place to join joints, so I laid the wall tiles and laid them in a random pattern (I made sure I mixed different tiles to mix them and randomly design colors and patterns).
A roll of Kerdi with a bandage of 100 feet length is placed in the shower, and a roll (with tape) embeds enough Ker Diems in the drain for a shower.
So I laid out the tiled 2x2 shower floor and started tiling it with a 1 / 4 '' notch trowel. When I got to shoulder height, I installed 2 shelves in each corner and cut the tiles for them to lock, then cut them off at the corners to fix them. I laid the floor to make sure I did not puncture or tear the Kerdi waterproofing while I was laying the wall tiles. The new fiberock base plate was installed on the shower wall, as the owner had already bought it.